Thursday, October 18, 2007

A quick word

Not much time for a long dispatch this time, since I only have 2 hours until I have to leave for my 10 hour (yes, 10 hour!) train ride. I'm headed to A Coruña, a little city in northwest Spain (the part that's above Portugal) to start a 75 km, 3 day hike on the Camino de Santiago. Although it's not a pilgrimage, as the trail is often used for, we'll only be 25 km short of being considered official pilgrims by the church. Wish us good weather and beautiful sights!

Sustenance for the trip ahead

Before I sign off, though, I have to tell you about going to the Madrid Masters tennis tournament. In a huge "Glass Pavilion" where it is held, we had the privilege of seeing Roger Federer, currently the number one tennis player in the world, play. Even though he played against an American (Ginepri), I think we were all rooting for Federer. Expectedly, but no less spectacularly, he won in two straight sets. Below is a serving sequence, showing Federer's complete awesomeness.

(not from the same serve, as you observant ones will notice)

I'll be sure to update by Monday with all the sweet stories about the pseudo-pilgrimage!

No comments: